Classic Italian dishes, great steaks, and a wide variety of flavorful cuisine is what has made Casa Lu Al a Lima favorite for many years. A family owned business began with brothers George and Dominic Venturella who first purchased the "Blinking Owl" in 1960. At that time food preparation took a sideline to the tavern business. In 1961 the name was changed to Casa Lu Al, and an emphasis on the dinner menu became stronger, the bar area evolved into a dining room, and the shift was made. The involvement of John and Anthony Venturella, George's two sons, brought a influx of new ideas and additions. Additions included, a larger dining room, and kitchen, the present bar area, solarium dining area, and private banquet room. The Venturella family believes in a personal "hands-on" style of customer service, and for that John and Anthony both have been rewarded both by their stance, and their businesses stance in the Lima community.
Casa Lu Al Timeline
1960- Brother's George and Dominic Venturella purchase the Blinking Owl, and soon after rename it Casa Lu Al Restaurant.
1979- The Venturella's remodeled the kitchen and added a walk-in cooler and stockroom. Also updating the menu to include more dining options.
1985- The addition of the present bar area and a enlarged dining room. There was also an expansion of the kitchen which took place at this time.
1989- A 1400 ft expansion was added on the south side of the building for a new stockroom and walk-in freezer/cooler. The old space was then turned into the banquet room that stands today.
1990- Train Town Catering was added to provide service for any and all offsite occasions large or small.
1992- Addition of the solarium dining area.
1996- Casa Lu Al won the first Best Restaurant of the Region, and continue to take top honors to this day.